Frequently Asked Questions
How do I use my own network of professionals to help my daughter find her first job after college?
Make sure they are prepared for the real world of networking:
- LI profile – All Star.
- Resume – edited and full of accomplishments and technical skills that match with LI and current needs in market.
- A marketing plan that clearly spells out their objective, target companies, skills and background.
- Professional outfit
- Good handshake
- Great opening pitch in answer to, “Tell me about yourself and how I can help you?”
Your job is to make sure your precious contact’s time is not wasted, so make sure your son knows why they are meeting with them, what networking really means, how to make a great first impression, how to conduct the meeting, and how to follow up.
Prep your friend/contact with a little background and then ask them (as a favor) to ask the following questions when meeting with your son or daughter:
- Tell me about yourself and how I can help you?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What would be your dream job and why do you think you would be good at it?
- What type of salary are you looking for?
- Is there someone in my company you’d particularly like to meet with?
- Which department in my company sounds appealing to you?
- What do you know about what I do and what my company does?
These questions will be helpful for your friend and if they are willing to give you feedback (ask us for a feedback sheet you can give them), you can learn how well they did and how prepared they are.
Need more information?
LIFE COACHING FOR 20-SOMETHINGS
PARENT/YOUNG ADULT FACILITATION
54 oakland ave, doylestown, pa 18901, Princeton, nj, hunterdon county and robbinsville, nj,and serving clients all over the world via zoom video conference